Monday, October 20, 2008

Job Opportunity and Gratitude Enhancement


When I saw this photo, about a dozen jokes and metaphors tragically died trying to get out of my mouth at the same time. Most were crushed; they could not have lived through the experience. Only the strong survived.

WANTED: Pachyderm Detailer. Must really, really, really love elephants. Apply within.

The big boy might be a metaphor for the Fed and you and I are the guy who's GOIN' IN. Or the 'Detailer' could represent what it feels like to wake up as Hank Paulson every morning, having to bow down to those whose power he failed to grab in Hank's original comedic bailout draft that demanded complete lack of oversight, legal review, or interference from anyone at anytime... now or ever.

It might have worked if Hank had serviced the right asses, which I find at once terribly funny and terribly frightening.

What's not funny at all is how rapidly the number of jobs is shrinking, not just domestically, but globally. Virtually all sectors are affected. Work is becoming a luxury, so if you value a paycheck you might want to try to keep it, at least for the time being. If you're thinking about finding a job, now would be the time to get out there and get one. Today's news is not too bad considering what I believe tomorrow's headlines will look like.

I expect this beautiful picture will get a frame and a place of honor on my desk. Hopefully it will serve as a reminder during moments I find myself wanting to quit my job for whatever inane reason is floating in my brain at any particular moment. This way, even if I am having the worst day of my entire life, I will be able to point to that photo and, if nothing else, I can be grateful I am NOT THAT GUY. It's a strategy I predict will work one hundred percent of the time.

Until next time, pant pant, snarl snarl
-TEB, comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comforted since 1962

No comments: